ISO 639-5

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Jul 30 15:41:58 CEST 2008

Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy dot claranet dot de> wrote:

>> Then we're fine.
>
> Certainly not, as long as language tag users don't know
> what ISO 639-5 is, and why whatever it is should confuse
> the IANA registry and their applications.

I interpret this as an argument against adding subtags based on ISO
639-5 collection codes, more than against the lack of public
availability of ISO 639-5.

LTRU is the place to discuss whether certain ISO standards should be
included in RFC 4646bis or not.  That issue was decided some time ago,
but it's hardly unusual for LTRU to go back and revisit closed topics.

http://www.ewellic.org