LANGUAGE SUBTAG REQUEST FORM, Erzgebirgisch

Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com
Tue Jan 22 21:59:14 CET 2008

As this variant is listed as being a dialect of "de" on Ethnologue, I
support this proposal and do not see much controversy with this request.
As Doug mentions, the script tag needs to be removed as that's assigned on
a higher level. (I'll admit that I steered Thomas wrong here.)  A region
tag would not work here, so a variant tag is required.

I've had discussions with Thomas offline and I'm quite convinced this is a
legitimate request with a real-world application. Unlike "ortograf," this
is not requested for the purpose of promoting a recently developed
orthography -- it's allowing a widely recognized dialect distinction on a
language with considerable history.

Regards,

Karen Broome
Metadata Systems Designer