Addition request: alsatian

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:40:07 CET 2008

Hi, I think that de-fr would be confusing.

I support Karen's request to change the description field. --C. E. Whiteheadcewcathar at hotmail.com
Michael Everson wrote:
> At 09:23 -0800 2008-01-10, Mark Davis wrote:

>>You need to describe what other variants of  >> Alemanic would be
>>referenced by de-FR. If there aren't any, then >> de-FR is sufficient.

> We are tagging languages, not names of
> languages. The fact that
> some people call a language, dialect, or variant > by a different name
> doesn't justify having a variant subtag.

??  We do give variant subtags to languages, dialects, and variants of both when appropriate.

But as I've said, I support a change to the description field, which Karen has just requested.

--C. E. Whitehead

 -- Mark