Addition request: alsatian

Doug Ewell dewell at roadrunner.com
Thu Jan 3 17:29:41 CET 2008

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic dot fr> wrote:

> Then, you badly read it, sorry. What I wrote is that alsatian *is*
> (present tense) distinct from "alemannic" partly for political reasons
> (the fact that Alsace has been mostly in France for the last
> centuries), which is quite different. (In the same way that the
> language en-US is distinct from the language en-GB mostly for
> political reasons, but using en-US does not mean that you approve or
> disapprove the US Declaration of Independance, it is a simple
> recognition of a fact.)

That said, I'd be inclined to agree with Martin Dürst, who asked on LTRU
on December 10:

"I have absolutely nothing against figuring out how to tag Alsatian, but
I'd like to know why gsw-fr (which would be usable without registering a
variant) wouldn't do the job."

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ltru/current/msg09148.html

http://www.ewellic.org