acade - LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 18:40:15 CEST 2008

Mark Davis wrote:
> I think the year is a bad idea, because from all I've heard the year
> is not a defining feature, and there are other years attached to other
> variants. Moreover, it will be just peculiar to have
>
> be-acad1959-2008
>
> for the 2008 version of "akademic Belarusian", as may be desired in
> the future.

Other differences aside, I consider impractical all variants which are
transliterated (akad*), unusually truncated (acade) or cryptic
(nsbexxwhatever). So, it "ought" to be the "academy". And having to both
denote the concrete revision and to satisfy the 8 chars limit naturally
makes it 1959acad.

-Yury