acade - LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Aug 29 23:04:14 CEST 2008

On 29 Aug 2008, at 17:03, Mark Davis wrote:

> I think the year is a bad idea, because from all I've heard the year
> is not a defining feature, and there are other years attached to
> other variants.

I disagree. The Academy per se is an institution. The subtags are for
specific orthographies; referring to the institution could cause
confusion as an intitution could publish a wildly different
specification in due course. The specific orthography or orthographies
in this case are best specified by a date referring to an
authoritative reference. We've done this before and should do it here.