Konkani Suppress-Script

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 5 17:03:47 CEST 2007

> From: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no [mailto:ietf-languages-
> bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of Debbie Garside

> Daniels, P.T., Bright, W., 1996. The World's Writing Systems. New York:
> Oxford University Press. P.372
>
> An authoritative reference to the use of the Roman script for Konkani.

The statement on that page is pretty vague. Could mean that a single village newspaper somewhere started using Latin script but ten years on its died out. If that were the case, that wouldn't constitute a case to remove suppress-script in my mind.

On the other hand, this is a little less vague and is relevant wrt suppress-script:

http://www.ciil.org/Main/Report/1.htm

Peter