Konkani Suppress-Script

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Sep 5 16:16:01 CEST 2007

Debbie Garside scripsit:

> Daniels, P.T., Bright, W., 1996. The World's Writing Systems. New York:
> Oxford University Press. P.372
>
> An authoritative reference to the use of the Roman script for Konkani.

Well, I was going to present an impassioned piece of special pleading
about how the standards for removing Suppress-Script: should be low:
any fairly decent evidence that multiple scripts are in general
use ought to be exhibited.  But now I won't have to.

Thanks, Debbie.

--
First known example of political correctness:   John Cowan
After Nurhachi had united all the other         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Jurchen tribes under the leadership of the      cowan at ccil.org
Manchus, his successor Abahai (1592-1643)
issued an order that the name Jurchen should       --S. Robert Ramsey,
be banned, and from then on, they were all           The Languages of China
to be called Manchus.