Variant tags for sl-rozaj: History and preliminaries

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Jun 11 23:37:04 CEST 2007

 > This part worries me a bit. Is it the intention to allow a tag like
 > "sl-rojaz-1994-biske" or "sl-rojaz-biske-1994", or is the intent that
 > only "sl-rojaz-1994" should be used?

If it doesn't have 1994 as a prefix (or vice versa), the subtags are
mutually exclusive (with a SHOULD NOT). See section 2.2.5:

--
Most variants that share a prefix are mutually exclusive. For example,
the German orthographic variations '1996' and '1901' SHOULD NOT be used

Circular prefix references are to be forbidden by 4646bis (and by policy
they should be now).

Addison

--
Addison Phillips