Suppress-Script for Korean?

Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com
Wed Jul 25 03:10:47 CEST 2007

Randy,

I realize you're the expert here, but based on what I read, pure Hiragana
and Katakana may have been more popular in the past or for informal use. I
believe the pure forms were also used by women in the past.

So, question: When we use Suppress-Script, do we consider historical forms
of the language, or is this designation only considered in terms of
current use? Raising this issue with Hiragana made me realize that I don't
know the answer to this question.

Randy writes:

>For a document longer than a few words to be purely "Hira" would be
*very*
>artifical, and consequently I'd expect it to be marked as such, just as
>an extended document solely in Kanji or Katakana would also be quite
artifical.

Regards,

Karen Broome
Sony Pictures Entertainment