LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Jan 29 17:05:15 CET 2007

Hi Gabriel,

> If you considerate it more accurate, I will remake the initial request
> according to RFC 4646 and your suggestions. (I hope you like it!)
>
> I have writen the field "Description" in english, french, spanish and
> valencian itself; please, chose the more appropiate of them or leave all if
> you prefer.

None of these is inappropriate. I do note that in English the
description should be capitalized.

> I think that the thorny problem is the "Intended meaning of the subtag". I
> have taken the liberty to choose the more neutral ones! (I would not like
> this to be involved in "political" questions... that would be a waste of
> time for our purposes, at least for the mine)

I don't think the problem that thorny. Your chosen descriptions convey
the point quite clearly. I should note that either would make a useful
comment in the registry, although I would omit the parenthetical "Spain"
(since Communidad Valenciana, while certainly *in* Spain, is a distinct
entity).

I support the registration of this record as submitted.

I would gently suggest a mildly different form:

Type: variation
Subtag: valencia
Prefix: ca
Comments: Variety spoken in the "Comunidad Valenciana"
   region of Spain, where it is co-official

Addison
--
Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.