Proposal for a subtag registration (fr-2004-ORTOGRAF)

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 8 01:29:47 CET 2007

Hi -

Though it would indeed be nice to have that much substantiation
of the orthography's use, I don't see how RFC 4646 sets any particular
requirement here.  Is this something where the ltru WG will need to add
guidance in the update to the BCP?

> >    6. Any other relevant information:
> >In 2004 researchers of the university of
> >Montreal (
> >http://www.iforum.umontreal.ca/Forum/ArchivesForum/2003-2004/040405/article3430.htm
> >)
>
> This article is *in* standard French.

How does this constitute an objection?  There is no requirement
that descriptions of languages registered be written in that language.

> Please list 50 distinct items, be they books, websites, or software.

Where does this requirement come from?  Have similar demands
been made of other registration requests?

Randy