be-tarask language subtag registration form

Jaska Zedlik sub at zedlik.com
Mon Apr 2 00:46:15 CEST 2007

Sunday, April 1, 2007, 10:27:34 PM, Michael wrote:

ME> This is transliteration from Cyrillic, not dropping of diacritics
ME> from Latin.

Belarusian coexists in both Cyrillic and Latin scripts, so to my mind
(and not only mine) there is no reason to use some transliteration
procedure from Cyrillic to make a Belarusian word or name appropriate
for using in Latin texts. In Russian, for example, such a procedure is
done, but Russian simply doesn't have Latin script. But for Belarusian
it is much better to use the name in Belarusian Latin script with
diacritics (if codepage allows) or leaving them.

It was a thought to ask the people who use it, I can't make a decision
on myself, so I'll ask Belarusian language LJ community about the subtag
and bring the result in several days here.

Jaska Zedlik