be-tarask language subtag registration form

Jaska Zedlik sub at zedlik.com
Mon Apr 2 02:03:39 CEST 2007

Hello Eddie,

Sunday, April 1, 2007, 9:52:10 PM, you wrote:

CEW> (there is some lit. from the period I saw in Michael Everson's
CEW> great reference--
CEW> http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~np214/lacin.htm
CEW> but it seems to be in the Latin orthography
CEW> till the 20th century at which point there does not really seem
CEW> to be an early standard:

As I know, the first attempt to codificate the Belarusian language was
performed by Branislau Taraskievic in 1910th, both Cyrillic and Latin.
If so, we can't say about some standard in the very beginning of the
20th cent. But definetly Latin was used since 1840th, therefore it is
possible to suppose, there was some standard or orthography, but
reference to it or it itself wasn't saved till now.

Jaska Zedlik