LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: Eastern Armenian

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 1 20:37:44 CEST 2006

I'm wondering what the expectation is here. It seems to me that the tags
are machine-readable symbols and are not intended for presentation in
UI. 0x0061 isn't meaningful to an English speaker, but it's not meant to
be: it's a coded representation of "a". Similarly, "hy-western" is to be
a coded representation for certain information, and it's that
information that is intended to be meaningful to Armenian speakers, not
the coded representation.

Peter Constable