Language Tag Reviewer

Ned Freed ned.freed at mrochek.com
Mon Feb 20 15:48:22 CET 2006

> It seems obvious to me that the language tag reviewer, like anyone
> else in a position of responsibility, can delegate part of his
> or her role, including this part.

I, OTOH, don't see this as obvious at all. Nothing in any designated
reviewer language I've ever seen says that after the IESG carefully
chooses an appropriate reviewer said reviewer is entitled to hand off any
of all of his duties to someone the IESG never considered or approved.

Let's please look past the people currently in the roles. I suspect that the
IESG would not be happy if duties were delegated to someone the IESG felt
wasn't up to the task.

But even if this were as obviously OK as you seem to think, the question
remains as to whether finding someone to modereate a list should be
part of a reviewer's job. Again, let's look past the current situation
where we already have a competent reviewer and list admin in place.

				Ned