Is there a subtag for 'plain English' or 'simplified English'

Hoag, Regina rhoag at ETS.ORG
Tue Dec 19 14:52:46 CET 2006

What would you suggest to indicate the difference between something
written in English and a simplified English "translation" of that
content. For example, the legal wording of a bill submitted to voters
and the "plain English" translation of that bill.

Would it be appropriate in this case to use a user extension? (e.g.

If an alternative already exists, I understand it would be better not to
use a private use subtag, however this distinction may be too
idiosyncratic for a general tag. What do you think?

Regina Hoag
Regina Hoag
Applications System Analyst/Programmer
SRCE - Scoring Technology

Don't just think outside the box... use it for kindling...

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information.
It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly.
If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute,
or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from
your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

More information about the Ietf-languages mailing list