I approve the registration of es-419 (Latin American Spanish)

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Tue Jun 14 00:44:29 CEST 2005

At 14:56 -0700 2005-06-13, Peter Constable wrote:

>On the one hand, I agree with Michael that this is not a new item; I
>think we might actually have discussed the specific tag "es-419" the
>last time around (six months ago?). On the other hand, I doubt it's
>going to hurt anybody to wait a couple of weeks.

I approved the tag assuming it has gone through the mill enough. I
approved "es-americas" a while ago and was growled at for that. I am
not interested in pissing off the IANA lass who deals with our stuff
for no good reason. I've approved it, I don't believe that ANYONE is
going to come up with a convincing reason to disapprove it, and the
idea of formally withdrawing the approval for 11 days and then doing
it again doesn't really thrill me.

And New Mexico can live with 419, for heaven's sake.