Delay

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Tue May 20 00:31:23 CEST 2003

At 12:19 -0700 2003-05-19, Mark Davis wrote to me privately, but it
is worth putting forth to the wider list:

>Michael,
>
>If you are going to oppose them, I would appreciate it if you let me
>know right away so that I can begin the appeals process.

Mark,

Get Ken Whistler and Peter Constable and three or four other people
on board for them, hands on heart. I have serious doubts which all
you have done is ignored. I don't think we should encode aliases for
languages, which I think some of these are. I do not feel a surge of
consensus. I feel that some of these are a hack that solve some
problems and that you think by adding yi-Latn I have opened the
floodgates for a whole lot of things.

In the words of Mike Ksar on many, many characters proposed for
10646, I do not feel that these applications are "mature".