LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORMS

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Wed May 14 22:09:48 CEST 2003

I sent in the attached message 2 weeks ago, so I was looking at the
next steps. The RFC states:

3.2.  Charset Reviewer

   When the two week period has passed and the registration proposer
is
   convinced that consensus has been achieved, the registration
   application should be submitted to IANA and the charset reviewer.
   The charset reviewer, who is appointed by the IETF Applications
Area
   Director(s), either approves the request for registration or
rejects
   it.  Rejection may occur because of significant objections raised
on
   the list or objections raised externally.  If the charset reviewer
   considers the registration sufficiently important and
controversial,
   a last call for comments may be issued to the full IETF.  The
charset
   reviewer may also recommend standards track processing (before or
   after registration) when that appears appropriate and the level of
   specification of the charset is adequate.

   The charset reviewer must reach a decision and post it to the ietf-
   charsets mailing list within two weeks.  Decisions made by the
   reviewer may be appealed to the IESG.

I was looking around on the IANA site, and couldn't find the name of
the "charset reviewer". It sounds like I have to let him/er know about
this proposal.

Märk Dāvĭs
________
mark.davis at jtcsv.com
IBM, MS 50-2/B11, 5600 Cottle Rd, SJ CA 95193
(408) 256-3148
fax: (408) 256-0799