LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORMS

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Wed May 14 22:20:41 CEST 2003

That was dumb: I copied from the wrong RFC. Actual language is:

   The language form must be sent to <ietf-languages at iana.org> for a
2-
   week review period before it can be submitted to IANA.  (This is an
   open list.  Requests to be added should be sent to <ietf-languages-
   request at iana.org>.)

   When the two week period has passed, the language tag reviewer, who
   is appointed by the IETF Applications Area Director, either
forwards
   the request to IANA at IANA.ORG, or rejects it because of significant
   objections raised on the list.  Note that the reviewer can raise
   objections on the list himself, if he so desires.  The important
   thing is that the objection must be made publicly.

   The applicant is free to modify a rejected application with
   additional information and submit it again; this restarts the
2-week
   comment period.

   Decisions made by the reviewer may be appealed to the IESG [RFC
2028]
   under the same rules as other IETF decisions [RFC 2026].  All
   registered forms are available online in the directory
   http://www.iana.org/numbers.html under "languages".

So it looks like the next step is for the language tag reviewer.

Märk Dāvĭs
________
mark.davis at jtcsv.com
IBM, MS 50-2/B11, 5600 Cottle Rd, SJ CA 95193
(408) 256-3148
fax: (408) 256-0799