LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM (Newspeak)

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Mon Jun 2 07:26:22 CEST 2003

At some point one has to draw a line. There are hundreds of novels
where people have made up words or used offbeat grammar; does each get
its own language tag? Alan Greenspan has a distinctive style of speech
and use of words; does that get its own language tag? And how about
en-US-TX-GWBush(noted for "nukuler", and the frequent use of
"evildoer" -- not often otherwise heard much outside of comic books)?

> As language tagging is an intrinsically Good Thing, the need for
tagging is
> probably self-evident....

Gumming up the registry with all possible idiolects is a Bad Thing.

Mark
http://www.macchiato.com
►  “Eppur si muove” ◄