Yiddish

Sean M. Burke sburke@cpan.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 16:41:39 -0600

So I've got some stuff in Yiddish that I want to serve across HTTP, and I'm
probably going to have two versions -- one in Latin script, and one in
Hebrew script.  I want to be able to do content-negotiation so that the
user will get the version that she or he prefers.  How to do it?

At the moment, I am considering to tag the Latin script one with the
language tag "yi" and the Hebrew script one with the language tag
"yi-il".  Yes, I am /perfectly/ aware that the country of Israel is not
semantically synonymous with the concept of Hebrew script.  So I'm open to
better suggestions.  Ideas, anyone?

--
Sean M. Burke    http://www.spinn.net/~sburke/