wrt IDNA2008 migration (was: IDN processing-related security considerations for draft-ietf-websec-strict-transport-sec)

Mark Davis ☕ mark at macchiato.com
Sun Oct 2 02:27:00 CEST 2011

The third choice, of course, was to maintain backwards compatibility with
2003 for all characters in Unicode 3.2, and just extend the same principles
to new characters. That is a much easier migration path...

We've seen this before. XML 1.1 only had a small breaking-compatibility
changes, but those changes were enough to completely doom it.

But as you say, that was not the rough consensus of the WG.

Mark
*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*
*
*