I-D Action:draft-faltstrom-5892bis-02.txt

Mark Davis ☕ mark at macchiato.com
Tue Feb 22 00:43:20 CET 2011

> That's what's happening in this case, right?

There are two separate issues:

   1. Whether Section G should be populated automatically.
   2. Whether draft-faltstrom-5892bis-02.txt makes the correct choice for
   Unicode 6.0.

The WG decided not to pursue #1, the longer-term issue.

The short-term issue is draft-faltstrom-5892bis-02.txt. I was asked to state
why I think it is incorrect. It is because is no compelling reason to break
stability of identifiers in IDNA for this one character. Instead, the
character U+19DA NEW TAI LUE THAM DIGIT ONE should be added as PVALID in
Section G.

Mark

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*