I-D Action:draft-faltstrom-5892bis-02.txt

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Mon Feb 21 23:09:40 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:34:58PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> I don't follow this -- Mark is not proposing to change the algorithm.

He is not exactly proposing to change the algorithm.  Instead, he's
proposing another algorithm -- a kind of epicycle, really -- to
populate section G in order to ensure stability when the underlying
algorithm does not allowe that.

I think the WG made a decision about how to handle these cases, and
that decision was, "Case by case at the beginning, and maybe we'll
automate it later."  That's what's happening in this case, right?

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.