Eszett and IDNAv2 vs IDNA2008

Vint Cerf vint at
Thu Mar 12 20:10:31 CET 2009

The charter is pretty explicit. It seems like we should try to complete a non-mapping specification. We can then compare that with other options if the wg wishes. V

----- Original Message -----
From: idna-update-bounces at <idna-update-bounces at>
To: idna-update at <idna-update at>
Sent: Thu Mar 12 11:10:55 2009
Subject: Re: Eszett and IDNAv2 vs IDNA2008

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:04:56AM -0700, Erik van der Poel wrote:

> So the WG needs to decide whether or not to keep the IDNA2003
> mappings. 

I was under the impression that we'd already decided not to, just by
forming the WG.  Perhaps I misunderstand the charter, but it seemed to
me that this was part of the deal.


Andrew Sullivan
ajs at
Shinkuro, Inc.
Idna-update mailing list
Idna-update at

More information about the Idna-update mailing list