Additional thoughts on TRANSITIONAL

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Fri Dec 4 17:53:52 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 05:45:37PM +0100, Cary Karp wrote:
> Are you suggesting that a letter from ICANN along anything vaguely

Regardless, as has been repeatedly noted, "registry" does not mean
"TLD operator", and I am totally sure that letters from ICANN to, say,
blogspot.com are going to get exactly the response they deserve.

We're not going to solve this through administrative fiat.  We need to
solve it through some technical trick whereby smooth operation can be
reasonably expected even if not guaranteed.  That's all we need, for
difficult values of "all".

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.