Additional thoughts on TRANSITIONAL

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Dec 4 22:30:03 CET 2009

At 17:45 04/12/2009, Cary Karp wrote:
> > Redelegations are usually not initiated by governments, and
> > redelegations do not require government's approval. Whether a
> > government has any legal involvement in their ccTLD varies from
> > country-to-country, some countries have passed laws to nationalise
> > the ccTLD but AFAIK most have not.
>
>Are you suggesting that a letter from ICANN along anything vaguely
>resembling the following lines might be conceivable?
>
>Dear Dr. Merkel,
>
>This is to inform you that the current delegation of the .DE top-level
>domain is going to be rescinded due to the failure of its operator to
>comply with the rules about the inclusion of the Esszet in domain names
>devised by a working group of the IETF during the preparation of the
>IDNABIS protocol.
>
>We will redelegate the domain to a new operator of our choosing at the
>same time and you need not be concerned about any interruption in the
>operation of the domain during this process.

Cary,

do not forget that through the GAC it would be signed by Obama,
Sarkozy, Brown, etc. As having answered (as per the French law and
Government request for candidacy) that I was a candidate to take over
the management of ".fr" (French, published by
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/pni/7143574) I really
imagine that I could be sponsored by ICANN due to the way I would
commit to support esszet in ".ger.fr".

jfc