[R-C] Question about the problem with TFRC

abheek saha abheek.saha at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 12:33:53 CEST 2012

Hi Michael,

A colleague and I published a paper on bandwidth adaptive video
streaming in the ICUMT 2011, where we used TFRC as a bandwidth
estimation mechanism. It worked ok, (we simulated it using the ns2
built in implementation, with some minor changes), but getting it to
work on top of RTCP/RTP was a lot of work; especially since the
internet draft for TFRC over RTP has expired now. That is how I ended
up in this mailing list. I have never compared TFRC with other
equivalent mechanisms such as TMMBR though.

-abheek