Moving the process document forward

Melinda Shore mshore at cisco.com
Mon Sep 8 16:49:50 CEST 2003

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 07:53 AM, Keith Moore wrote:
> of course, if the IESG waits for this WG to get consensus on whether
> it should
> act now or later, it will take even longer.

Right now, there's no consensus anywhere on how to go about
tackling longer-term change.  There was no consensus within
the plenary in Vienna, it seemed clear to me at the time,
and right now there's no consensus within this working group
about how to proceed.

We have two proposals in front of us at the moment: 1) kick the
whole thing over to the IESG, and 2) form something that looks
like a design team using the mechanism described in the current
draft of the process document.  There have been some posts
objecting to the second proposal and I'd like to get a handle
on whether or not there's any support for it at all right now.

Melinda