initiating change

Dave Crocker dcrocker at brandenburg.com
Sun Sep 7 22:51:24 CEST 2003

Brian,

BEC> You're missing my point. The only authority that exists *today* is
BEC> today's leadership. Nobody else but them can change things. So it simply
BEC> *doesn't matter* that today's leadership is perceived by some people
BEC> as part of the problem. There is nobody else who actually can initiate change.

I think you have correctly summarized a common point of view in the community.

What it misses is that the IESG is not really tasked with "initiating" very
much and, in fact, has very little history "initiating" much.

By design and by long practise, this is a community of self-starters. The job
of the IESG is to shepherd *community* initiatives.

i.e.,

     community  =  individuals from the community  =  us.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>