MPEG asks for MIME review for the MPEG21 file format

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Thu May 24 10:27:01 CEST 2007

[Restricting mailing list circulation to ietf-types for now]

Christian,

Thank you for the references - they are most helpful.

>From part 1, and referring back to the proposed MIME type registration, posted at:
  http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2007-May/001804.html
it becomes clear that the content is NOT the DIDL which is what I had first thought.

Is there any chance that the standardization committee might be persuaded to
make public release of part 9, describing this file format, in addition to parts
1, 2 and the schema already made public?  I think that doing so would make the
MPEG21 vision accessible to a wider base of developers.

#g
--

--
Graham Klyne