media type review requested for application/auth-policy+xml

Mark Baker distobj at acm.org
Mon Apr 10 15:30:17 CEST 2006

Some comments;

- I'd suggest removing the UTF-8 default, because in the absence of a
charset parameter the XML document itself would be self-descriptive
about its encoding.  I'd recommend simply punting to application/xml's
definition.

- security section should also reference sec 10 of RFC 3023.

- I'd recommend picking a file extension specific to this media type,
as many Web servers come pre-configured to serve .xml files as
application/xml, or even an RSS media type.

Cheers,

Mark.
--
Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.       http://www.markbaker.ca