Language for taxonomic names, redux

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sun Feb 26 21:00:46 CET 2017

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 7:52 AM, Yury Tarasievich <
yury.tarasievich at gmail.com> wrote:

And I do not understand why are some of the matters (primarily,
> pronounciation and wikipedia) dragged into that discussion at all.

Indeed.  I have always held that the motives for proposing something for
standardization have nothing to do with the merits of standardizing it, and
should be resolutely ignored in considering whether to standardize it.

There is / One art / No more / No less
To do / All things / With art- / -Lessness          --Piet Hein