Language for taxonomic names, redux

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 13:52:19 CET 2017

On 26/02/17 14:45, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:

>> Anyway, let /me/ try to say how it would work, then -- having the code, it
>> will work in a way specific, pertaining to the semantics of text marked so.
>> Having no code, it would not work at all.
>
>   Even with such a genering phrasing, your statement is not true.  It’s
> always possible to use a private tag to achieve whatever is desired,

Working in a ghetto is always possible, but
unsurprisingly not always desired.

I have competely no stake in this, but from my
point of view there's a request for an IETF
code, which, though maybe stretching the
definition of the language a little, seems like
a valid request to have standardised means of
tagging of the very specific and well-delimited
linguistic content.

I have mentioned rules only to name the formal
disctinction of the binomials-speak, so to
speak, from mere vocabulary.

And I do not understand why are some of the
matters (primarily, pronounciation and
wikipedia) dragged into that discussion at all.

-Yury