Language Subtag Registration -- "wpsimple"

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 30 07:01:00 CET 2015

If the only requirements are immediate availability and conformance, then "x-simple" will do. Before we go _registering_ a variant subtag, we should be sure that it's something generally useful and is done in a sensible way. I'm not yet convinced that the proposed subtag is generally useful beyond one application. (I'm not predisposed to saying it is _not_, btw.) And I'm definitely not convinced that the approach taken is sensible — I lean toward Felix's concerns in this case.

Peter