Addition request: alsatian

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 13:21:35 CET 2008

Hoi,
When you have a better look at Ethnologue you will find that Alemannic has
its own space; http://www.ethnologue.com/show_family.asp?subid=92157 it
consists of four languages and gsw is one of those. Alsatian is explicitly
stated as a dialect spoken in France. Alemannisch is used as an alternate
name. This is probably because of the ambiguity of Alemannisch.

The way it was explained to me once is that the names used in standards are
LABELS and consquently that I should not read to much in it.

Thanks,
    Gerard