Addition request: alsatian

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Jan 8 12:57:28 CET 2008

Stephane Bortzmeyer scripsit:

> IMHO, the description in the LSR is incomplete. It says:
>
> Type: language
> Subtag: gsw

All descriptions are incomplete.  The next level of description can be
found at http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=gsw , because
the gsw code is in ISO 639-3, and the encyclopedic resource for 639-3
is the Ethnologue.

> Why is only "swiss german" (itself a group of dialects) mentioned and
> not alsatian or other dialects of alemannic? I do not know.

The choice of the 639-2 and 639-3 Registration Authorities.

--
John Cowan  cowan at ccil.org   ccil.org/~cowan
Dievas dave dantis; Dievas duos duonos          --Lithuanian proverb