Proposal for a subtag registration (fr-2004-ORTOGRAF or fr-ortograf ?)

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 14 22:07:38 CET 2007

Hi.
 Does M. Periard's translation group require a subtag that is specific to the ortograf variety M. Periard has created?  Or only a generic ortograf subtag?

(I need to qualify what I just said in my previous email:
I can certainly see the need for a generic subtag for ortograf, &, at some point perhaps, for a subtag for ortograf-langevin (because of all the pages using ortograf-langevin online)--but I do not want to create any subtag that might preclude a subtag ortograf-periard 'down the road' (particularly when the periard variety merges with the third variety).
??  Is it Langevin's variety that is at the www.societelogique.org site:http://www.societelogique.org/dev/contenu/?page=simple/bienvenue&langue=si

??

It seems that it is Langevin's variety that is in use at the City of Montreal web site, and also the Langevin variety is in use in the www.ledevoir.com link that M. Periard just sent -- with the mother's testimony about her daughter's learning to read (http://www.ledevoir.com/2004/04/07/51680.html).

Searching for "francais simplifie" in google, tons of URL's come up, but I have not had time to go through all of them alas  (maybe next week)--so I could not guess what varieties are being referred to--a few of these clearly refer to Langevin's variety.)--C. E. Whiteheadcewcathar at hotmail.com