Language subtag modification request: frr Suppres-Script Latn

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Sat Mar 11 09:22:05 CET 2006

Doug Ewell wrote:

> I assume this is in relation to Michael not reaching a
> verdict on Frank's "combination request" named in the
> Subject line.

It was meant as general observation, the subtag reviewer
is apparently not interested in the 3066bis procedures.

> I do NOT believe it is appropriate to merge a
> Suppress-Script assignment into a registration for an
> ISO-based language subtag.

As I said I don't care about the order, modifying a new
registration is possible, and the new language tags are
now finally approved, for frr that was in (2006-08-03):

<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.languages/2231>

Now I've repeated the request to add the Suppress-Script.
The allegedly frivolous "chapter 3.3" issue (registration
of frr lost in space) is solved:

| If a change takes place and the Language Subtag Reviewer
| does not do this in a timely manner, then any interested
| party MAY use the procedure in Section 3.5 to register
| the appropriate update.

Frivolous or not, that's what we did with the missing tags.

Missing the opportunity to add a comment to "fy" that this
was formerly known as "Frisian"...  sigh, that's too late
now, sorry.  But it's a god example why adding additional
info to the raw input data can make sense, modifying it
later in a second step would be unnecessary bureaucracy -
I certainly won't request an appropriate comment for "fy".

Still open is the request of the frr Suppress-Script Latn:

| This registration request is about the Suppress-Script
| 'Latn' as specified in section 3.4 clause 7 of 3066bis.
 <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.languages/2033>
 <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.languages/2244>

                       Bye, Frank