[Suppress-Script] Initial list of 300 languages

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 13:55:35 CET 2006

On 3/11/06, Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com> wrote:
> What? This is rather odd. Cherokee is the default script for
> Cherokee. With respect, David Starner's hearsay that people write
> Cherokee in Latin is enough to give you doubt? That's not good
> enough, John. Not good enough at all.

You can check "Walk in your soul; love incantations of the Oklahoma
Cherokees", by Jack Kilpatrick. A Google search reveals that the word
ᏣᎳᎩ appears once in running Cherokee text, which seems unlikely if
there's any serious amount of Cherokee text in Cher online.  A
websearch reveals a lot of pictures of text in Cher followed by Latin
transliteration. From my searching, I'd expect that tagging a random
block of Cherokee computer text as Latn is more likely to be correct
than tagging it as Cher.