Mapping?

Mark Davis ☕ mark at macchiato.com
Wed Dec 2 22:25:15 CET 2009

Everyone knows that "ß" is not "ss", and "ss" is not "SS", and
"Ä<file://localhost/%C3%84>"
is not "ä", and "can't" is not "cant". The question is a bit deeper than
that. Here is the picture of the behavior:

IDNA2003

   - allows "ß" (mapping to "ss"), "SS" (mapping to "ss"),
"Ä<file://localhost/%C3%84>"
   (mapping to "ä"), "ss", "ä", "cant"
   - forbids "can't".

IDNA2003

   - allows "ß" (not mapping to "ss"), "ss", "ä", "cant"
   - forbids "Ä <file://localhost/%C3%84>", "SS", and "can't"

Mark