Casefolding Sigma (was: Re: IDNAbis Preprocessing Draft)

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Jan 24 10:58:56 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 06:09:43PM +0100,
 JFCM <jefsey at jefsey.com> wrote
 a message of 19 lines which said:

> There is a third simpler one we all know: to remove the IETF/ICANN
> from the loop, acknowledging the heterarchic nature of the semantic
> space, as being beyond the IETF scope. I am afraid Stephane only
> says what all the TLD Managers want.

If people want to know what I think, they should read my messages, not
broken summaries written by someone else. I never suggested to keep
the IETF out of the loop. I asked for the IETF to regard the phishing
and confusability issues as off-topic. These issues depend on
psychology, user interface, etc, all things that are outside our
domain.