ALWAYS/MAYBE

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sat Jan 26 18:45:46 CET 2008

Harald,

Dr Whistler took considerable pains to describe the problems and your
threat to him does not give me any confidence whatsoever that you
made any attempt to read or to understand what he wrote.

I really think that what you wrote was out of line.

And *I* say this as someone who approaches this all as a member of
the Irish National Body, as someone who is often at loggerheads with
members of the UTC.

I will say again what I said the other day:

For what it is worth, as a linguist, indeed as a linguist celebrated
for defending minority communities and all of those poor folk who
don't make anybody any money, I agree with every word Ken Whistler
has just written. I've been involved in watching this tussle since
May 2005. I'm still on the side of the linguists and I still wish the
protocol people would listen to the linguists.

Yours sincerely,