[RTW] My biggest concern

Robin Raymond robin at hookflash.com
Tue Mar 29 08:47:51 CEST 2011

Except that the alert before a page closed will effectively mean the users
can't browser while a call is established. I know they can open tabs but for
many more novice users tabs are still complicated and they usually hit the
close for the browser instead of the tab because of their confusion if a new
tab is automatically opened for browsing purposes.

Yes, some UI tricks might help to fix this issue (especially browser concept
improvements like background apps) but I think it's important to raise the
issue even if it is beyond the scope of the protocol itself. Otherwise a
strong protocol will exist with a fatal flaw (I do understand from a
protocol perspective this isn't important). For some websites (like games
since), this might not matter but if a user is intending to use their
browser for the primary means of communication in the future this is an
issue especially with the way browsers are currently working.

Robin Raymond
hookflash