[RTW] Rate control and codec adaption (Re: [dispatch] The charter formerly know as RTC-WEB take 3)

Cullen Jennings fluffy at cisco.com
Thu Jan 27 03:02:25 CET 2011

Part of the unwritten contract of a browser is you can go to an evil web site,  you might have blink text on you screen but the browser protects you from anything bad happening to your computer, network, internet, small fluffy animals, etc.

I like the idea of being able to improve the experience via something in the Javascript but I would expect the browser to enforce a minimal level of congestion safety. I would sort of expect the transports ADs to insist on something that was "safe". (and don't ask me what safe means but I know it when I see it)

Cullen