[RTW] TFWC control protocol (Re: Rate control and codec adaption (Re: [dispatch] The charter formerly know as RTC-WEB take 3))

Harald Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Tue Jan 25 15:43:18 CET 2011

On 01/23/11 23:02, Soo-Hyun Choi wrote:
> This may be a slightly off topic on this thread, but...
>
> I would like to introduce a simpler way to implement a variant of TFRC
> (actually, this is a window-based congestion control, known as TFWC)
> for the video streaming applications.
>
> Here is the details about the protocol - a window-based congestion
> control mechanism, TFWC: http://tfwc.hackerslab.eu/
I think this is off topic for this group - it probably needs to be taken
to DISPATCH or wherever rate-control algorithms go.
We won't be chartered to work on this kind of problem; if the solution
was available to be referenced, it's possible that we could adopt it.
My standard questions include:

- Is there a draft?
- Is there code?

 From your page, it is clear that this is for unicast streams only; I
approve of making that statement up front.

                 Harald