[RTW] Charter proposal: The activity hitherto known as "RTC-WEB at IETF"

Elwell, John john.elwell at siemens-enterprise.com
Mon Jan 10 08:20:36 CET 2011

[JRE] RFC 4574 is little more than an SDP syntax (for conveying an application-specific label). As such, if we don't use the SDP syntax, I don't see how RFC 4574 can apply at all.
The problem we need to solve, if I understand correctly, is for the application to instruct the browser what source and sink to use for a given medium. For audio, this means telling the browser which microphone and which speaker to use. For video, this means telling the browser which camera to use and where on the display to render received video. I don't see the relevance of RFC 4574 for achieving this.

John