OPEN ISSUE: Quality Process WG Charter

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Thu May 29 10:34:52 CEST 2003

At 09:28 AM 5/29/2003 -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
> > I don't believe that adding extra review at the end of
> > the WG process will improve anything...
>
>agree with that.  by "extra-WG review" I meant review from outside of the WG,
>i.e. I was separating what goes on within a WG from what goes on outside
>of the
>WG...and lumping IESG in with the latter.  and if the intention is to create
>a WG that looks at how WGs operate, I'm generally in favor of that.

Well, this was _my_ intention when I wrote the process
document...  If that wasn't clear to you, though, maybe
my document needs to be clarified?

The purpose of this WG would be to improve the quality
processes (including review process) used by WGs, with
the goals of increasing the quality, timeliness and
predictability of WG output.

Margaret